Sunday, December 6, 2009

Small World Parts 4 and 5

I know that I already blogged for part 4 by accident.. but I guess that I'll do it again!

I love the ending of this book. The first thing that came to my mind when the last sentence said, "and he wondered where in the small, narrow world he should begin to look for her" was the tv/computer game, "Where In the World is Carmen San Diego." Persse had traveled all over the globe to be with Angela and she does not turn out to be the woman that he actually wants in the end. He follows her throughout the whole entire book and basically gets no where. Whenever he came close, there was always something stopping him. I thought that it was ironic that he ends up sleeping with Angela's identical twin, Lily and ends up sleeping with him. I just thought that the whole story was very ironic and that the one love that he was searching for actually came from someone else that now, he cannot find. Too bad for Persse.

No comments:

Post a Comment